- We’re just in a rough patch – we’ll get out of it soon.
- Couples counselling is expensive! We don’t have the extra money.
- I don’t want to talk to a stranger about our relationship.
- What if our friends and family found out?
- Couples counselling is for couples who are headed for divorce. That’s not us!
- Every couple feels this way…don’t they?
- No one can help us, we’re too broken.
- We don’t have anyone to watch our kids.
- I know a couple who went to therapy and it was a disaster!
- Talking about our problems might make them worse.
There are so many reasons NOT to ask for help. So much so that it can seem as though our relationship is at the bottom of the pile in terms of priorities in our lives. But…if you are in a relationship that feels disconnected, lost or hopeless…what do you stand to lose if you don’t get support?
Here are the top 10 reasons TO go to couples counselling:
- Regaining your partnership
- Engaging in intimate conversations with your partner
- Building hopes and dreams together
- Happier children
- Less stress and better physical health
- More confidence in yourself AND your relationship
- Remembering why you committed to your partner in the first place
- Feeling significant, important and loved
- Navigating conflict constructively
- More sex and physical affection!
Now, how does that sound? These are some of the things our couples tell us they’ve experienced as a result of prioritizing their relationship, rebuilding their connection and taking risks together. You don’t have to do it alone. That’s what we’re here for. 🙂